Director of Engineering
Sensorflow makes smart buildings a reality, we are on a mission to retrofit every building to automate decision making and get actionable insights from data, starting with hotels. Sensorflow has helped brands like Accor and The Ascott Ltd save up to 30% on their energy costs while improving their operational productivity through actionable insights from real-time data. We are currently in 7 markets across South East Asia and expanding rapidly. Join us, as we work towards making every building more productive, efficient, and sustainable!
We have an amazing product. We need to get the word out and generate excitement and interest. You will focus on new client acquisition and driving growth within the hospitality industry. You will also be responsible for identifying new customers, nurturing them, and converting them into happy repeat customers. Successful candidates will be an expert in demand generation activities and in devising strategies to promote Sensorflow to potential clients.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering, who is just as passionate as we are about transforming technology into easy-to-use products for our customers.
The outcome for the Director of Engineering of Sensorflow is to execute the product vision in the best way possible as we build a company culture of excellence within the engineering team.
As the director of Engineering , you will use your skills to:
- Build a roadmap that will address a number of technical challenges: impact of scaling, predicted failure points, optimization potential.
- Bring agility to the tech infrastructure: make it easy to adopt the right technology for different stages of the startup lifecycle.
- Build a framework that allows SensorFlow to extend its technology to new markets and building verticals.
- Balance customer frictions and needs with our business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including senior stakeholders, product managers, engineers, sales and marketers.
- Partner with the Product team to ensure designs are properly implemented and deliver products that customers love.
- Proactively plan products releases by considering all teams involved
- Minimize the cost of scaling as we increase the number of customers.
- Develop Integrations and partnership programs with 3rd parties.
- Manage senior stakeholder expectations.
As the Director of Engineering , You Will Need
- Prior experience as a Director of Engineering working in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, and senior stakeholders across the business.
- Deep subject matter expertise in engineering processes and able to discern which practice to use for which activity.
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Experience in planning for the growth of your team to the best in class design practice.
- Publish your teams roadmap to all senior stakeholders
- Plan all product releases with outcome driven results
- Experience delivering full stack IoT products (hardware and software) into production
- Experience working with BMS and BAS systems, familiar with Modbus, LonWorks, etc.
- Experience working in/with hotels and relevant systems like the PMS
- Experience running a product and engineering team that’s remote and based across a couple of timezones
- You are hungry for feedback and have a strong growth mindset, always looking for ways to improve in your role.
- Uses technology to solve challenging problems and strives to automate things where you can.
- Loves running experiments and has the courage to kill products early if we get it wrong or have no traction
- Thrives in a multi-racial and multi-cultural team and celebrates diversity in opinions
What is it like working at Sensorflow?
At Sensorflow, we’re made up of dreamers, achievers, and visionaries whose passion and belief in a greater cause drive us to do more and push the boundaries of innovation every day. If you want to work with fun-loving and diverse personalities in an environment that prioritizes your learning, development, and autonomy, then SensorFlow is the perfect place for you.
We also have amazing benefits that include a generous 21 days of annual leave, medical coverage, birthday leave, fitness, and flexi benefits.